Wednesday, November 14, 2018

2013 September UGC NET Solved Question Paper in Home Science, Paper II

1 The homogenization of milk is done
(A) To destroy pathogen
(B) To disperse fat molecules
(C) To enhance nutritive quality
(D) To help making cheese
Answer: (B)

2. Requirements for a Iron and folic acid pregnant woman are:
(A) 30 mgm and 200 μgm/day
(B) 32 mgm and 250 μgm/day
(C) 35 mgm and 300 μgm/day
(D) 38 mgm and 400 μgm/day
Answer: (D)

3. Which of the following Food delivery system is used for Hospital inpatients?
(A) Decentralized system
(B) Buffet
(C) Scramble method
(D) Centralised system
Answer: (D)

4. Which of the following is not a design repeat?
(A) Half drop
(B) Heald
(C) Mirror
(D) Satin
Answer: (B)

5. Which of the following is not a simple yarn?
(A) Single
(B) Textured
(C) Ply
(D) Cable
Answer: (B)

6. Intrinsic value is also called
(A) Personal value
(B) Terminal value
(C) Value Orientation
(D) Esteem value

7. Operant conditioning is also known as
(A) Instrumental conditioning
(B) Classical conditioning
(C) Essential conditioning
(D) All the above
Answer: (A)

8.  Informal education is also often termed as
(A) Incidental education
(B) Non-formal education
(C) Lifelong education
(D) Continuing education
Answer: (A)

9. Epidioscope is also known as
(A) Overhead projector
(B) Opaque projector
(C) Indirect projector
(D) Slide projector
Answer: (B)

10. The following is not a scale of numerical measurement:
Code:
(A) Interval scale
(B) Nominal scale
(C) Ordinal scale
(D) Ratio scale
Answer: (B)
11. Which of the following are toxic constituents in pulses?
I. Trypsin inhibitors
II. Alkaline phosphatase
III. Heamagglutinins
IV. Bromaline
V. Lathyrogens
Code:
(A) I, III, V
(B) I, II, IV
(C) II, IV, V
(D) V, I, III
Answer: (A)

12. Which of the following microorganism cause food borne intoxication?
I. Staphylococcus aureus
II. E. Coli
III. Clostridium botulinum
IV. Listeria Monocytogens
V. Salmonella
Code:
(A) I & II
(B) I & III
(C) III & IV
(D) IV & V
Answer: (B)

13. Which of the following tools are used for personal management?
I. Menu Tally
II. Job description
III. Production schedule
IV. Work schedule
V. Budget
Code:
(A) I and II
(B) II and IV
(C) V and IV
(D) I and V
Answer: (B)

14. Sustainable fashion includes
I. Environment friendly material.
II. Methods. Socially responsible
III. Fast changing fashion.
IV. Products that could last multiple seasons.
Codes:
(A) I, II and III are correct.
(B) II, III and IV are correct.
(C) I, III and IV are correct.
(D) I, II and IV are correct.
Answer: (D)

15. Which are the fabrics known for their strength?
I. Denim
II. Mulmul
III. Satin
IV. Casement
(A) I and II are correct.
(B) III and IV are correct.
(C) I and IV are correct.
(D) II and IV are correct.
Answer: (C)

16. The elements of design are:
I. Line
II. Vision
III. Form
IV. Colour
V. Texture
Code:
(A) II, I, III, V
(B) III, II, V, IV
(C) I, III, IV, V
(D) V, IV, II, I
Answer: (C)

17. Harmonal changes are associated with
I. Aggression
II. Regression
III. Frustration
IV. Depression
Code:
(A) I and II are correct.
(B) II and IV are correct.
(C) I, III and IV are correct.
(D) All are correct.
Answer: (C)

18. Home at undergraduate level Science was first introduced in India in
I. College, New Delhi Lady Irwin
II. Women’s Christian College, Chennai
III. Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
IV. Queen Mary’s College, Chennai
Code:
(A) I and III are correct.
(B) II and III are correct.
(C) II and IV are correct.
(D) I and IV are correct.
Answer: (C)

19. Which of the following are presentation type visual aids?
I. Pamphlet
II. Flash card
III. Slides
IV. Bulletin Board
Code:
(A) I and II are correct.
(B) II and III are correct.
(C) III and IV are correct.
(D) I and IV are correct.
Answer: (B)

20. A negatively skewed distribution has following characteristics:
I. Distribution skewed o left t
II. Distribution skewed to right
III. Median is greater than mean
IV. Median is lesser than mean
Code:
(A) I and IV
(B) II and IV
(C) I and III
(D) II and III
Answer: (C)
21. Assertion (A): Vegetables rich in tannin turn brown on cutting
Reason (R): This is due to maillard reaction
Codes:
(A) Both (A) and (R) are false.
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true.
(C) (A) is true and (R) is false.
(D) (A) is false and (R) is true.
Answer: (C)

22. Assertion (A): Consumption of plenty of fruits and vegetables protects individual from degenerative changes in the body.
Reason (R): The antioxidants present in fruits and vegetables help in the removal of free radicals.
Codes:
(A) Both (A) and (R) are false.
(B) d (R) is false. (A) is true an
(C) Both (A) and (R) are true.
(D) (A) is false and (R) is true.

23. Assertion (A): Menu pattern is the choice of the types of food to be served.
Reason (R): It is placed in a printed form on the dining table.
Codes:
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true.
(B) (A) is true but (R) is false.
(C) (A) is false but (R) is true.
(D) Both (A) and (R) are false.
Answer: (B)

24. Assertion (A): Vinegar should be added in the last rinse while laundering silk.
Reason (R): It contributes to the crispness and shine of silk.
Codes:
(A) (A) is correct, but (R) is wrong.
(B) (A) is wrong, but (R) is correct.
(C) Both (A) and (R) are correct.
(D) Both (A) and (R) are wrong.

25. Assertion (A): Terry cloth has good absorption power.
Reason (R): It is a cut pile fabric.
Codes:
(A) Both (A) and (R) are correct.
(B) (A) is correct, but (R) is incorrect.
(C) Both (A) and (R) are incorrect.
(D) (A) is incorrect, but (R) is correct.
Answer: (C)

26. Assertion (A): Functional design for a work place is a design meeting the requirements of the work and the worker.
Reason (R): Properly designed workplace enables the worker to work comfortably with less energy expenditure.
Codes:
(A) (A) is correct, but (R) is false.
(B) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
(C) Both (A) and (R) are true.
(D) Both (A) and (R) are false.
Answer: (C)

27. Assertion (A): Adults who can maintain their identity after marriage and couple who have similar family background are less likely to be divorced.
Reason (R): Identity crisis leads to behavioural changes and similar family background increases life satisfaction.
Codes:
(A) Both (A) and (R) are correct, and
(R) Is the correct explanation.
(B) Both (A) and (R) are incorrect.
(C) (A) is correct; (R) is wrong explanation.
(D) (A) is wrong but (R) is correct.
Answer: (A)

28. Assertion (A): Formal education is the highly institutionalised and hierarchical structured education system.
Reason (R): Formal education makes it easier for students from the weaker section of the society to re-enter it.
Codes:
(A) Both (A) and (R) are correct.
(B) (A) is correct, (R) is wrong.
(C) (A) is wrong, (R) is correct.
(D) Both (A) and (R) are wrong.
Answer: (B)

29. Assertion (A): All human communication has some source, either a person or a group of persons with a purpose.
Reason (R): The purpose of the on source has to be expressed in the form of message.
Codes:
(A) Both (A) and (R) are false.
(B) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(C) Both (A) and (R) are true.
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
Answer: (C)

30. Assertion (A): Type I error is made when a false null hypothesis is accepted.
Reason (R): Setting of L-larger makes for relatively more powerful tests of null hypothesis.
Codes:
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true.
(B) (A) is true, but(R) is false.
(C) (A) is false, but (R) is true. (R) is not an explanation of (A).
(D) Both (A) and (R) are false.
Answer: (B)

31. Write the correct steps of preparation of fruit jelly in proper sequence.
I. Test for readiness using sheet test
II. Prepare fruit extract and add sugar
III. Pour it in to sterilized jar and seal airtight
IV. Boil till bubbles become large and liquid becomes viscous
Codes:
(A) II, IV, I, III
(B) I, II, III, IV
(C) II, III, IV, I
(D) III, IV, II, I
Answer: (A)

32. Give the correct sequence of foods in increasing order of protein content:
I. Samolina
II. Groundnut
III. Soyabeans
IV. Sweet potatoes
Codes:
(A) I, IV, III, II
(B) I, IV, II, III
(C) IV, I, II, III
(D) IV, II, I, III
Answer: (C)

33. Give the correct sequence for constructing a menu.
I. Select starters and salads
II. Add side dish and cereal dish
III. Select main dish
IV. Add an accompaniments dish
V. Choose desert and beverages
Codes:
(A) III, II, I, V, IV
(B) IV, I, V, III, II
(C) V, III, I, II, IV
(D) III, II, I, IV, V
Answer: (D)

34. Arrange the following in the proper sequence for preparing fabric for draping:
I. Pressing
II. Blocking
III. Tearing the fabric
IV. Straightening
V. Measuring the dress form
Codes:
(A) IV, III, II, I, V
(B) I, II, III, IV, V
(C) IV, V, III, II, I
(D) II, I, IV, III, V
Answer: (C)

35. Give the correct sequence in the manufacturing of staple fibres from synthetic filaments.
I. Drawing
II. Spinning
III. Heat Setting
IV. Cutting
V. Crimping
Codes:
(A) III, IV, II, V and I
(B) I, III, V, IV and II
(C) II, I, III, V and IV
(D) IV, V, II, I and III
Answer: (C)

36. Arrange the steps of decision making in correct sequence.
I. Sequencing
II. Gathering information
III. Formulating alternative
IV. Selecting an alternative outcomes
V. Considering
Codes:
(A) V, IV, III, I, II
(B) II, IV, III, I, V
(C) II, III, V, I, IV
(D) I, II, III, IV, V
Answer: (D)

37. Give the correct sequence of Piaget’s theory of Cognitive development.
I. Pre-operational stage
II. Formal operational stage
III. Sensory-motor stage
IV. Concrete operational stage
Codes:
(A) I, II, IV, III
(B) III, I, IV, II
(C) III, I, II, IV
(D) IV, II, I, III
Answer: (B)

38. Arrange the essential phases of the extension educational process in correct sequence.
I. Teaching
II. Deciding upon objectives
III. Analysis of the situation
IV. Reconsideration
V. Evaluation
Codes:
(A) I, III, II, V, IV
(B) II, I, III, IV, V
(C) III, I, II, IV, V
(D) III, II, I, V, IV
Answer: (D)

39. Give the correct sequence as per the Berlo model of communication.
I. Message
II. Source
III. Channel
IV. Decoder
V. Receiver
VI. Encoder
Codes:
(A) VI, II, I, V, III, IV
(B) I, III, V, II, IV, VI
(C) II, VI, III, I, V, IV
(D) II, VI, I, III, IV, V
Answer: (D)

40. Arrange the steps for the test of a hypothesis in correct sequence
I. Decide on the region of rejection (α)
II. State is the hypothesis to be tested
III. State the alternate hypothesis
IV. Collect data
V. State the research question
VI. Apply relevant statistical test and calculate the test statistic
VII Reject Ho if test statistic falls in region of rejection
Codes:
(A) II, III, V, IV, VI, I, VII
(B) V, IV, II, III, I, VI, VII
(C) V, II, III, I, IV, VI, VII
(D) IV, II, III, V, VI, I, VII
Answer: (C)

41. Match items from List – I with items in List – II:
List – I                        List – II
a. Tomato                    i. Myoglobin
b. Wheat flour             ii. Alkaline phosphatase
c. Meat                                    iii. Gluten
d. Milk                                    iv. Lycopene
e. Egg                          v. Lecithin
vi. Pectin
Codes:
a          b          c          d          e
(A)       iii         i           ii          v          iv
(B)       iv         iii         i           ii          v
(C)       ii          v          iv         i           iii
(D)       v          ii          iii         iv         i
Answer: (B)

42. Match the following biochemical tests in List – I to the diseases in List – II:
List – I                        List – II
(Biochemical Test)      (Disease)
a. Creatinine                i. Liver
b. Bilirubin                  ii. Heart
c. T3T4                         iii. Kidney
d. LDL                        iv. Thyroid
v. Pancrease
Codes:
a          b          c          d
(A)       ii          iii         iv         v
(B)       iii         i           iv         ii
(C)       iv         v          ii          i
(D)       ii          iii         v          iv
Answer: (B)

43. Match the delivery system in List – I with institution in List – II:
List – I                                    List – II
(Delivery system)        (Institutions)
a. Vending machine    i. Hotel
b. Meals on wheels      ii. Hospital
c. Buffet                      iii. College
d. Scramble method    iv. Cafeteria
e. Table de hote           v. School hostel
vi. Old age home
Codes:
a          b          c          d          e
(A)       i           ii          iv         iii         v
(B)       iii         vi         i           iv         v
(C)       ii          iii         iv         vi        i
(D)       iv         v          i           ii          iii
Answer: (B)

44. Match the collars given in List – I with their types given in List – II:
List – I            List –II
a. Peterpan      i. Grown on
b. Mandarin     ii. Convertible
c. Bush shirt    iii. Non- convertible
d. Shawl          iv. Stand
Codes:
a          b          c          d
(A)       iii         iv         ii          i
(B)       iv         iii         i           ii
(C)       ii          i           iv         iii
(D)       i          ii          iii         iv
Answer: (A)

45. Match the equipment given in List – I with their purpose of testing given in List – II:
List – I                                    List – II
a. Xenon Arc               i. Rub fastness
b. Sharp point tester    ii. Staining test & change in colour
c. Grey scale                iii. Safety in clothing
d. Crockometer           iv. Light fastness
Codes:
a          b          c          d
(A)       i           iv         iii         ii
(B)       i           ii          iv         iii
(C)       iv         iii         ii          i
(D)       ii          i           iii         iv
Answer: (C)

46. Match List – I with List – II:
List-I                                       List-II
a. Throughput                          i. Planning
b. Input                                   ii. Met demands


c. Output                                 iii. Values
d. Feedback                            iv. Satisfaction
v. Controlling
Codes:
a          b          c          d
(A)       ii          iii         iv         i
(B)       i           iii         ii          iv
(C)       iii         i           ii          iv
(D)       ii          v          iv         iii
Answer: (B)

47. Match the items of the List – I correctly with List – II:
List – I                        List – II
a. Endogamous           i. On man with one woman
b. Monogamous          ii. Marrying outside the group
c. Exogamous              iii. Marrying inside the group
d. Polyandrous            iv. Many men marrying one woman
v. Many women marrying one man
Codes:
a          b          c          d         
(A)       ii          iv         v          iii
(B)       i           iii         iv         ii
(C)       iii         i           ii          iv
(D)       iv         ii          v          iii
Answer: (C)

48. Match the Non-formal Education initiatives in India with the year of its implementation.
List – I                                                                        List – II
I. National Literacy Mission (NLM)                           1. 1989
II. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)                               2. 1967
III. Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS)                                3. 2001
IV.National Institute of Open School (NIOS)           4. 1988
Codes:
I           II         III        IV
(A)       1          4          2          3
(B)       3          1          4          2
(C)       4          3          2          1
(D)       2          1          4          3
Answer: (C)

49. Match items in List-I with List-II
List – I                                                List – II
I. Bulletin board                                  1. Miniature replica of an object
II. Diagram                                         2. Transparent Big size photographs
III. Model                                           3. Display of message
IV. Diorama                                        4. Scenic representation of the original
5. Line drawing of an object or an idea
Codes:
I           II         III        IV
(A)       5          3          2          1
(B)       3          5          1          2
(C)       3          5          1          4
(D)       4          2          1          3


50. Match the items in List – I with List – II:
List – I                                                List – II
a. Independent variable          i. Analysis of qualitative data
b. Kruskal-Wallis test              ii. Performance of group not under the control of experimenter
c. Z score                                 iii. Test of difference between two groups
d. t-test                                                iv. Post hoc comparison
e. Dependent variable             v. Standardized score
                                                vi. Manipulation under the control of experimenter  

Codes:
a          b          c          d          e
(A)       vi         i           v          iii         ii
(B)       ii          i           v          iii         vi
(C)       vi         iv         v          iii         ii
(D)       vi         v          iv         i           ii
Answer: (A)

No comments: